1. this tree-scape advent calendar…because it’s loved just as much this year as last.
2. this sheep refrigerator art…and the tiny hands who made it at school this week.
3. this collection of things found in my pocket…when self care, lunch duty, and babies collide.
4. this mason jar…and the vast expanse of water it has helped me drink this week.
5. this play nativity…for day 5 of the advent calendar, and for the full hour of entertainment it provided yesterday.
in other news:
this was one of those glorious weeks that passed by so quickly, it’s almost as if it didn’t happen at all. i keep asking myself, was there school on monday? am i sure? there was, it flew, and the week is behind us already.
this weekend, the rest of the christmas decorations are going to be pulled out of the giant chest they live in. it’s our first year in our new house, and i’m itching to decide where things should go. the christmas tree has been a discussion – the playroom, or the living room – and we haven’t quite settled on it, but one of us is going to reason their way into success.
it was a good, easy week at school. the excitement about our christmas tree in the corner, the book tree in the hallway, twinkle lights on every surface and the wrapped boxes underneath have been highlights in my chats with my students. thanksgiving memories of turkey and stuffing are far behind us. i’m reading the grinch with my kindergarten and first graders, and mike reads it nightly with charlie (‘gwinch! gwinch! ‘lou who!’) and i swear i have it memorized.
it’s the best time of year, friends, i hope you’re soaking up every little moment.
“staring down from his cave with a sour, grinchy frown at the warm lighted windows below in their town. for he knew every who down in who-ville beneath was busy now, hanging a mistletoe wreath.” –how the grinch stole christmas! by dr. seuss.